Hello everyone as the draft gets closer, I plan on dropping a series of scouting reports. To start the series off we are going to be looking at Notre Dame playmaker Jeremiah Owusu-Koramoah. Owusu-Koramoah or JOK for short, is an elite player for the Notre Dame defense. Here is my quick report on Jeremiah Owusu-Koramoah, also I am tinkering with the formatting and a grading scale, so it is subject to change some throughout this draft cycle.
- Height: 6’1″
- Weight: 216lbs
- Pro Day Results: N/A
- JOK has elite burst coming downhill from the second level.
- He is constantly lined up across the field, even in the slot in man coverage against the WR’s.
- JOK is one of the best athletes in this entire draft class and displays fantastic sideline to sideline range as a playmaker
- Major nose for ball and is a game changer for the defense
- Plays bigger than his size and routinely pops unexpecting WR’s and RB’s
- Strong at the point of attack
- Great blitzer on stunts, using his speed and athleticism to get to the QB
- Good open field tackler
- Doesn’t necessarily have a “real” position
- Occasionally struggles to get off of blocks when attempting to slide through blockers on stunts
- Sometimes loses his WR while in coverage, but recovers with his unnatural speed and acceleration
- Sometimes gets caught off guard when engaging a blocker and gets blown up
Clips of JOK:
Jeremiah Owusu-Koramoah is an elite prospect who has a top 5 grade from me at this point in time. JOK is a highly gifted athlete who Notre Dame used in a variety of ways. Notre Dame used his freak athleticism as a chess piece for the defense, they used him as a blitzer in stunts, lined him up as a nickel safety in sub packages, played him as a WILL backer in the base defense. JOK thrived at each of those respective roles. He is an explosive, playmaking, missile coming down from the second level which really helped carry Notre Dame’s defense. JOK at the next level projects to have a similar role as a WILL backer in a 4-3 base defense while subbing in as a box safety in a big nickel or big dime package.
Follow Hunter on Twitter @hthompsonNFL for all NFL and NFL Draft needs.